Welcome to the new Evanston Made
Yeah! You’ve found the new Evanston Made website! This new online home of all things EM is just the big beautiful site we need to grow all of the IRL (in real life) plans we have for the coming year and beyond!
When Lisa Degliantoni started Evanston Made 5 years ago she was focused on getting the word out about all the artists in Evanston she had met and loved. It was a true passion project. But Evanston Made continued to grow and develop deep roots in the Evanston arts community. People have come to depend on the events it sponsors, the conversations it fosters, the art it promotes. It’s time for Evanston Made to be fueled by more than one person’s passion, even if that person is the indomitable Lisa D!
Here’s the plan for making Evanston Made a sustainable arts initiative in 2019;
Evanston Made 2019 Core Initiatives
- Apply for Non Profit Status
- Move into a membership model
- Recruit a group of core volunteers
- Host events year round
- Launch Evanston Young Collectors
- Fundraise so that we can fund arts proposals: as Evanston cut Arts Funding for 2019, we believe the Private Sector can do more! Micro-funding projects, starting at $25 will activate citizen arts philanthropists
We will still be producing the annual Artist Studio Tour, which has grown to include year-round Pop Ups, Community Arts Projects and the hugely popular annual Group Exhibit & Pop Up at the Evanston Art Center.
We hope you’ll join us as we grow. Become a member. Become a volunteer. Be a part of Evanston Made.