We’ve landed a gift! A space in Downtown Evanston, the old Urban Outfitters, November and December, to host the Shop Evanston Made Holiday Market.
Because Evanston Made has been “gifted” the use of this space by the building owner, we have to be flexible on dates. The building owners will not let us fully occupy the space until 11/1, so we will be receiving art the week of November 1 and the store will open the weekend of November 5. This is a delay of one week from the original schedule.
Furthermore, Evanston Made has agreed to empty the property in 7 days if this “gift” should come to an end for any reason before Dec. 19. You will have 7 days to remove your art, but we’re optimistic this will not be the case. Nevertheless, it’s important you understand this before agreeing to work with us on this pop up.
Here are key dates;
Wednesday, October 27, 5p; deadline for items you want to be considered for 921 space must be uploaded to Shopify. We will not consider items posted after this date.
Wednesday, October 27, Loan agreements will be sent out
Wednesday, Oct. 27, send artist bio and short blurb for installation
Monday, November 1, 9a-9p; load in all merchandise, art, furniture
Friday, November 5, Grand Opening Party, 12 – 7p (all work must be on display and ready by 12p)
We will work with you to make this a success, below is how to be considered to sell;
First and foremost: In order to sell work in the Shop Evanston Made Holiday Market, you must be selling online in ShopEvanstonMade.org.
- Work must be loaded into online platform with clear descriptions, sizes, pricing, inventory – by October 25.
- Inventory is mandatory
- Pieces chosen from online offerings must be available to be “in-person” in the Shop Evanston Made Holiday Market
- We will curate pieces from the shop and request which pieces are dropped off for the shop.
- In store pieces will be clearly priced. – look into this on Shopify
- Artist business cards can be dropped off and will be displayed at the cashwrap.
- Sales reports will be generated on Monday mornings
- Replenishment as space becomes available or sales occur.
- Replenishment deliveries will be – Wednesday and Sundays
- Volunteering during store hours is appreciated and in the spirit of EM, volunteers must sell all work, not just their own when working in the store.
- Artists represented within Shop Evanston Made Holiday Market should promote and share their work to their network.
- Artists receive 70% of sales, EM is responsible for IL state tax payments.
- This is a 7-week event, all merchandise and art, if sold, can be refilled.
Logistics: Our Shop Evanston Made online store will be run through our new Shopify platform, therefore, all merchandise/vendors must also be participating in the online store for ringing, tracking sales, and for tracking replenishment and vendor payments. The same commission/tax structure we’ve established for the online shop stands for the Shop Evanston Made Holiday Market.
How to create a Shopify account:
Here is the link you should follow to set up your account:
Here again is the link to some basic info: