Please Review General Show Guidelines as well as Painting & Drawing Show Prospectus below:
Shop Evanston Made IRL Prospectus- September 2022 Painting & Drawing
Evanston Made Members are invited to participate in the Shop Evanston Made Pop-up at 832 Dempster.
Parameters for Painting and Drawing Show and Popup:
PAINTING SHOW AND POP-UP
Schedule: September 2022
- September 1st: Space Setup
- September 2nd: Art Intake
- September 3rd: LAUNCH- First Saturday 5-8pm
- Regular schedule of hrs Wed-Sun weekly
- Weekly artist event, demonstration, artist talk etc.
- September 28th: Closing party for Painting show
- All prospective participants must apply online.
- All entrants must submit 1 example of their 2-dimensional work to be used for promotional purposes.
- Deadline for Entries is August 24th.
- August 24-September 2nd: communication with artists to deliver art.
- Delivery of art to space 9/2
- Sign Up September Painting & Drawing
- Loan Document- submit with delivered work
- Artist contract- submit with delivered work
- Paintings must be original works executed with pigments: acrylic, gouache, oil, pastel, tempera, watercolor.
- Each Artist can submit 1 piece (painting/drawing) for Gallery walls and must be ready to hang- wired or sawtooth hooks. No cleats or d hooks please.
- As work sells, we will be asking for replacement work.
- Artwork (framed) should not exceed 24” in any direction.
- There will be flip bins and tables for displaying additional, small, original work. to include mini canvases, cards with original art, etc. No prints (that’s for Holiday Shop and February).
- Everything must be priced and loaded into ShopEvanstonmade.org before delivery.
- Art not adhering to these rules and restrictions will not be considered for admission and hanging.
- Evanston Made retains 30% commission from sales in the ShopEvanstonMade online store.
- All rules/requirements from the Overview Document pertain to each show/pop-up including but not limited to: entry fees, volunteer hours, and support in promoting this project.
Please note: By applying and participating in this event, you agree to allow images of you and your work to be used online and in promotional material for Evanston Made. All submissions must include a loan document & a standard contract regarding damage or theft – links above.
A full schedule of events and Shop Evanston Made store hours will follow soon!
Group Show #1- Painting, Mixed Media, and Drawing 9/3- 9/29
Group Show #2- Photography 10/1-10/31
Holiday Pop-Up – 11/4- 12/20
New Year’s Eve Auction 12/30-12/31
Group Show #3- 3D and Fiber 1/5-1/29
Group Show #4- Prints and Printmaking 2/3- 2/26