Handcrafted Treasures Overflow at the Evanston Made Pop Up Shop!
On Friday, May 31, the Evanston Art Center will be teeming with local artists and their friends for the Evanston Made Group Show Opening Party & Side/Lot Experimental Film Screening.
Not only will attendees be able to see a plethora of visual arts created locally, they can also take home gift items and functional art from the Evanston Made Pop Up Shop. When the party opens at 6 pm, the Evanston Art Center Lobby area will also be transformed into a storefront. More than 50 local creators have provided a sampling of their best-selling items for you to peruse in a one-stop fashion.
The store includes ceramics, clothing, glassware, jewelry, letterpress/print, metalwork, mosaic, sculpture, soap/oil, textile/fiber, woodwork/furniture and more adornments for yourself, your loved ones, or your home.
Hosted by the Evanston Art Center and produced by Anomaly Productions, the Pop-Up Gallery and Store will be open from May 31 – June 30 at 1717 Central Street in Evanston.
- Photo Views by Barbara Seyfried who presents her Doorways of Evanston Poster and Photo Notecards. www.barbaraseyfried.com
- Carolyn Hinske Wearables, who works with fiber to create hand knit scarves and shawls with silk, linen, bamboo, cotton, alpaca, wool, as well as jewelry. www.carolynhinskewearables.com
- Joyce Elias Studio, whose mixed media creations include cigar box constructions, painted wood collages, monoprints, sculpture, acrylic on canvas and tempera on paper. www.joyceeliasart.com
- Textiles by Rivera Design including shibori inspired and Eco-printed scarves, shawls and pillows using natural dyes.100% silk, cotton. www.julieriveradesign.com
- The Collage Cafe presents creations by a mixed media artist and maker incorporating deep rich layers with whimsy that inspire. www.TheCollageCafe.com
- M. Samantha Art brings one of a kind jewelry made from Freshwater Pearls, Labradorite, Druzy, Semi Precious Stones, Sterling Silver and 24k Gold. etsy.com/shop/msamanthaart
- OXA – Oxana Tsytsarina offers her jewelry creations that allow her to explore, hands on, myriad different materials and to fuse nature with her love of intricate handiwork.
- Micromakery exhibits hand-sculpted polymer clay food jewelry. www.micromakery.com
- Blue Rose Studio offers painting and pottery inspired by nature, dreams, meditation and life. www.BlueRoseCompany.com
- Jeweler Sheila Schaeffer-Hirsh:= presents her stylish enamel pendants & earrings with silver accents, as well as colorful notebooks are sized to tuck in purses or pockets www.MetalPaperCloth.com
- Suzanne Whiting has hand made chunky soft, cozy, and beautiful knit blankets in acrylic or cotton.
- Virginia O. Roeder MA, MFA showcases her love of Virginia in painted notecards and posters. www.roedervirginiao.com
- Evanston Stitchworks offers a sampling of fine fabric, yarn, patterns and all the stitchy things that you can explore in their classes for all ages. www.evanstonstitchworks.com
- mosswood + moon inspires with weavings, fiber sculpture, and jewelry inspired by vibrant colors, found art, costumes, and architecture.
- ARTesian RAPsody by Amy Harms combines lyric art and jewelry with upcycled vinyl records, lyric art on paper with acrylic and gold leaf. www.amyharms.com
- Pop Up Shop instigator AnoMalY by AMY will bring in her bohemian jewelry that helps set intention. Www.AnomalybyAmy.com
- Ann Catherine Design designs shadow pattern scarves created from the interplay of two layers of contrasting chiffon prints, giving them a beauty and dimension not found in single layer scarves.www.anncatherine.com
- G. Anna Glass’ beach glass necklaces are fashioned from stunning Lake Michigan-tumbled beach glass with sterling silver and other backings.
- Hammermandesign creates contemporary jewelry & objects handcrafted using sterling, bronze, copper, slate, stones and more for your perusal. www.carolhammerman.com
- Bartman Masini Studio incorporates various dyeing and felting techniques into handmade scarves and clothing. www.facebook.com/donna.
- Elisa Lindstrom paints to give the viewer a sense of peace while celebrating the beauty of the world around us. www.elisaannlindstrom.com
- Stoney Point Pottery creates decorative, functional items to bring art into everyday life. stoneypointpottery.com
- Fran Joy’s purpose behind her work is to show the power, strength, and triumph of the human spirit. www.franjoy.com
- Parakeet Moon provides hand painted vitreous enamel bowls, boxes and earrings
- Heather Hancock is an Evanston artist exploring urban line and light in various materials. Her work has been placed in corporate, healthcare and government collections, and private residences. www.heatherhancock.com
- Jamie Lou Thome creates collages and abstract drawings with found materials, oil pastels, graphite, and ink.
- Jessica Kaplan Photography showcases her urban and landscape fine art photography, prints and postcards. www.jessicakaplanphoto.com
- Milton and Margie’s Soy Wax Candles are 100% sustainable soy candles in reused tin cans, hand-painted in bold colors. www.miltonandmargies.com
- Ware Studio offers small-batch functional pottery to be used and incorporated into your life. www.evanstonware.com
- Noted is a line of bralettes with embroidered, empowering messages. Handmade from upcycled materials, it’s lingerie that lifts emotionally. Www.notedwear.com
- Painter Kathy Cunningham works with acrylic on canvas and giclee prints and cards of watercolor paintings www.kathycunningham.com
- Kim Romain Art includes abstract paintings, collage, and wearable art inspired by nature and the cosmos. www.kimromain.com
- Leon Litinsky looks at leather as sculptural material and makes a functional statement with every piece. www.leonlitinsky.com
- Artisan & Sage is inspired by nature to create functional ceramics in stoneware and earthenware, www.artisanandsage.com
- Maike’s Marvels hand wrangles steel wire and embellishes it with encaustic medium and paper to create whimsical home ornaments and personal adornments. www.MaikesMarvels.com
- Greenfield Clay Works designs utilitarian pots enhanced by layering slips and glazes with sgraffito techniques, inspired by mindfully observing the natural world.
- Lenzen Designs makes jewelry from recycled materials and mosaic crochet pillows. www.facebook.com/marla.
- Marti De Boer Contemporary Jewelry incorporates stone, metal, ceramics, copper enamel, textiles and leather into jewelry. www.MartiDeBoer.com
- LouE Gallery paints in both acrylic and oil exploring and experiencing geometry in human form and emotion.
- Art Endeavors Studio paints lush intense landscapes local and abroad, including prairies and waterways. Www.ninaweiss.com
- Art by Ramin feature painting that utilize Iranian calligraphy combined with Islamic geometric designs.
- Evanston Studio Tour poster woman Rita Shimelfarb creates contemporary pictorial glass panels and fused glass jewelry. Www.RitaShimelfarb.com
- Hen&Jay is the brain child of Evanston based fiber artist Robin Ryan. henandjay.com
- Sarita Kamat Designs creates hand-painted glass jewelry inspired by nature and live. Www.saritakamatdesigns.com
- sonjabegonia studio is a fiber artist using traditional techniques of embroidery, knit and crochet combined with upcycled materials, female-forward themes and whimsy. www.etsy.com/shop/sonjabegonia
- TJ Custom Designs offers wreaths for all occasions and seasons and personalized decorations for parties, baby/bridal showers and more. www.etsy.com/shop/
- Wendy Scofield of fieldfinding ceramics hand makes functional and decorative ceramics that explore the intersection of clean shapes that illuminate the natural texture and characteristics of the clay as they interact with the space around them. www.fieldfinding.com
- Geraldine Martinez-Benz world with oil, acrylic, watercolor, colored and charcoal pencils to create Philippine themed paintings and portraits. https://www.facebook.com/
Other artists include: Douglas Thome, Precious Enyiema, Terri Michaels and industrial grace.
A sampling of their creations can be perused online at this link: https://evanstonmade.org/
evanston-made-pop-up-shop/ Man y of these artists will also open their studios for the Evanston Made Studio Tour on Saturday, June 1. View the interactive map here to see who creates in your neighborhood! https://drive.google.com/open? id=1IDG4FBRfawgZFdvKRmnF- 3ZpGPE&usp=sharing
Photo Credit: Maike’s Marvels
alternativeartspace art arteverywhere art for sale art gallery artist reception artist studio artist talk artist workshop art opening art workshop chicagoartist childrens event collect evanston art crafts for sale evanston evanston art evanston art buzz evanston art center evanston art event evanston artist evanston artists evanston arts evanston arts council evanston film evanstonmade evanston made evanston music evanston performance experimental film film fest film festival first Saturday gallery gallery opening group show ice house gallery installation art meet the artist noyes art center photography pop up shop student art studio tour visual arts