First Saturday Evanston Art Events
Evanston Made hosts First Saturday Evanston Art Events, a self-guided exploration of Evanston’s Creative Community, featuring art on display at venues across Evanston. Shop for handmade goods, meet small business owners, enjoy a delicious meal, learn to sketch and make ART Friends!
Artist Open Studio
- Click here for citywide listings of open studios, 12-5p
Art on Exhibit
- On exhibit: Adriana Poterahs, Mardy Sears. Evanston Art Center, 1717 Central St., 9a-4p
- StormPrintCity, 2601 Prairie Ave., 12-6p
- Aydin Dincer, Prairie Joe’s WEST, 2608 Prairie Ave., 12-5p
Art in Venues
- Backlot Coffee, 2006 Central St., 7a-5p
- John Liberty paintings, Gracie’s 1939 Central St., 11a – 5:30p
- Gallery 1925, 1925 Central St., 12-5p
- Jay Ryan, Beer on Central, 1930 Central St., 12 – 10p
- Frolic & Detour, 1909 Central St., 11a-5p
- Sign Making for Reproductive Rights at Studio 3, 617C Grove St., 1-3p
Shop for Original Art
- Alley Gallery, 1712 Rear 2, Sherman Ave, 10a-4p
- Celebrate Artem Artists! Shop for original art by more than 20 artists! Artem Pop Up Gallery, 1627 Sherman Ave., 11a-6p
Food & Drink
- Table23 Fundraiser at Koi! Koi Evanston’s “Table23” donates 23% of the total check to a local non-profit. Dine iStren: reserve table23, call (847)866-6969 or Resy.com, a percentage of the bill will go to Evanston Made! Be sure to say “table23” and “evanston made”!
MAIN DEMPSTER MILE
- My Downward Gaze, photography by Bob Tanner. Perspective Photo Gallery, 1310 Chicago Ave. Gallery hours 12-5p. Opening reception 5-8p
- 4 person gallery show “Enigmatic Visions”. SPACE 900 Gallery, 816 Dempster St., 12-4p
- TremainART, 838 Custer Ave., 8a-3p
Food & Drink
- Visit Evanston Pour and enjoy delicious small plates, coffee drinks and cocktails, mention “First Saturday”! 10% of sales will go to Evanston Made! 528 Dempster St., 8a-9p. See new works by artist Beth Adler.
Make Art, Learn Sketching!
- Guest Artists will be on hand with sketching tips. FREE. Materials provided! Sketchbook Brewery, 821 Chicago Ave., 1-2:30p, RSVP for FREE (FB here)
Shop our Partners
- Stumble & Relish, 1312 Chicago Ave., 11a-5p
- Luna Delgado, 800 Dempster St., 9a-3p
- Village Farmstand, 810 Dempster, 10a-5p
- Beth Adler, Evanston Pour, 528 Dempster St., 8a-9p
- Ten Thousand Villages, 915 Chicago Ave., 10a-6p
- Ben Blount, Wine Goddess, 702 Main St., 12-9p
Masterpiece Framing + Imaging, 714 Main St., 10a-5p
- Nice Lena & Friends, 1235 Chicago Ave., 11a-5p
- Secret Treasures, 605 Dempster St., 11a-3p
- Evanston Made Studio Tour Group Show. 1100 Florence Gallery. 1100 Florence Ave., Gallery hours 12-5p
Shop for Art
- Ella Kovacs – Lifestyle & Travel Photography – pop-up inside Retrofit Boutique with Maya Kalabic Art, 1620 Greenleaf St. Boutique Opening Hours 12p – 7p. Art Soirée 5-7p
- Smitty Town Market. Temperance Beer Co., 2000 Dempster St., 1-5p
Art in Front Yards
- Licky Lab & Alpaca Free Little Art Gallery, 1227 Dewey Ave.
- Terri Michaels, Little Art Gallery, 1512 Crain St.
- Tour artist studios at Noyes Cultural Arts Center, 927 Noyes St., 12-5p.